Jeremy Smith is licensed to practice law before all California state courts and the United States District Courts for the Central District of California. Mr. Smith is a member of the California State Bar. He has conducted numerous jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations. Mr. Smith’s practice focuses on business litigation, intellectual property and real estate law.
Committee member for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and runner-up for its 2013 Man of The Year Competition. Currently serving as a board member of his oldest daughter’s elementary school.
- Co-trial counsel in obtaining a jury verdict in excess of $65 million involving a dispute concerning a partnership agreement for the acquisition, management and financing of a real estate business.
- Co-trial counsel in obtaining a jury verdict for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract in excess of $9 million involving a medical practice partnership.
- Lead trial counsel in obtaining $200,000 judgment after trial for breach of contract against a luxury automobile dealership involving a celebrity-owned exotic automobile, including $138,000 in attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Co-trial counsel in obtaining a jury verdict of $400,000 in a breach of contract case against an international consumer electronics company.
- Lead counsel in obtaining $316,827 judgment in multi-phase arbitration after the defendant failed to comply with its indemnity obligations in connection with third-party litigation.
- Lead trial counsel in a case against a security company for misappropriation of a rare diamond in which judgment was obtained after trial in the sum of $130,000.
- Co-trial counsel in obtaining a defense verdict in real estate litigation seeking specific performance and substantial damages and ultimately recovered an award of $340,000 in attorneys fees' and costs for trial and appeal.
- Lead counsel in successful representation of first ballot Major League Baseball Hall of Fame player in several matters including a well-publicized right of publicity lawsuit against a global athletic apparel company and various national endorsement deals.
- Successful representations of owner of famous trademark "Honey Badger Don’t Care" in trademark infringement actions throughout the United States, achieving significant settlements for client.
- Obtained a complete defense of all claims against Grammy Award-winning recording artist in a real property dispute.
- Lead trial counsel in jury trial to verdict in successful defense of all claims against a prominent real estate broker in breach of contract case involving dispute over real estate commissions.
- Successful representation of a prominent commercial real estate developer in commercial and real estate litigation.
- Lead appellate counsel in obtaining a complete reversal on appeal of an award of attorneys' fees.
- Successful representation of franchisee in litigation in which franchisor was seeking in excess of $5 million from franchisee which resulted in a settlement of no sums paid based, in part, on the franchisee's assertion of the anti-deficiency statutes.
- Lead counsel in obtaining an award of $1 million in a franchise dispute case.
- Lead counsel in obtaining $500,000 settlement on behalf of client regarding a home health care business partnership, despite client being countersued for significant sums by former partner.
- Lead counsel in obtaining full dismissal with no sums paid on behalf of prominent physician who was sued, along with prestigious university, for employment related claims where plaintiff demanded $100 million.
- Lead counsel on behalf of client in obtaining $450,000 settlement in connection with a $20,000 home improvement construction matter.